Thursday evening we took Mialyn to our hometown about an hour away to attend the last night of Bible School with Gage. They had Dora, and an ice cream social! We were so excited to take her and so appreciative for the invite! It took Mialyn a minute to warm up to Dora but she finally did and she loved seeing her so much! Gage was crazy about her too!
We spend the night with my parents that evening and then spent the day with them on Friday:) Erik and my dad got Mialyn's swingset put together and she literally played on it ALL DAY LONG. She did NOT want to come in!!!!! Andrea and Gage showed up with Happy Meals and we just had a lot of fun spending the day outside!!! I sadly had my camera in the house and was having too much fun to take pictures!
Saturday we woke up early and headed to Erik's parent's for a cookout! Which brings me to ...
OUR NEWS!!
We had somewhat of a "goobye" cookout. We are officially MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Erik got an amazing job opportunity and an amazing offer that we just COULD NEVER have turned down. Erik leaves July 5th, and Mialyn and I are flying out July 22nd to.... CALIFORNIA!!!!!! Can you believe it??? We are both so family oriented, and homebodies so it's DEFINITELY going to be a change! We are really prepared for it, and are very excited! We know that we will be able to come home A LOT so we will still get to see our family:) I told Erik I could NEVER raise Mialyn without her family and we agreed we would be flying home, and flying them out there TONS! We are really excited to start this new journey and we hope you follow us along the way!!!! Here are a few pictures from our cookout! It rained the WHOLE day so we moved into the garage and listened to the rain on the tin roof! It was relaxing, and tons of fun! Erik's side is just a joy to be around!!! Mialyn played in the rain, and kept us entertained by dancing to her music:) We had great food and lots of laughs!
We woke up the next morning and headed to church:) Mialyn and I went to Children's Church during the service and Mialyn made her Daddy a Father's Day Card with tons of random drawings and stickers! She was so happy to give it to him:)
This past weekend my cousin Amber got married to her perfect match!!!!!! We were so excited to spend their special day with them!!!! Phil is just an AMAZING man and Amber is so sweet and we are so blessed to call them both family!!!! Their wedding was EXTRA beautiful! Mialyn was one of the flower girls but she just was not having it:) She made it halfway down the isle! She is just still little and doesn't understand, but I was so proud of her! I didn't get many pictures from the reception but it was the most beautiful reception I had ever seen! It was GORGEOUS! Mialyn was so wore out so we headed out from the reception a little early.
The day of the wedding we also bought a new car!!!!!! I sold my car a few weeks ago and we were looking for a smaller SUV. We fell in love with the new GMC Terrain! Mialyn had a choice whether she wanted white or silver, and she chose....
We love it:) And are VERY happy with the decision! Mialyn had it right, silver was the right choice:):)
...And just because this is so cute...
Hope everyone has a GREAT week!!!!!!!!!


































What exciting news! Congrats guys!
ReplyDeleteCalifornia is the best! lol... of course I would say that because that were i live!
Good luck with the big move!! Sounds like fun and something you guys are looking forward to, and a nice new car for all the sightseeing you will have to do :) cute pics as always...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I love California!
ReplyDeleteWhat a day! So did you guys use that new car on a road trip slash honeymoon? It seems like a pretty fitting move, when you think about it. I guess you can also consider it one of the first big decisions you made in your new life as a married couple.
ReplyDelete- Maria Wegner