Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend, This Week, and Today....

Friday evening we headed to Lexington for a family get together to celebrate my cousin Amber getting married to her fiance this month on the 25th:) We had a night filled with laughs, great food, memories we will keep forever. We had dinner at Sal's and it was our (Erik and I) first time eating there. It was amazing, and we will definitely go back. After dinner we went to a piano bar called The Penguin in downtown Lexington and it was a lot of fun. They fly new people in every weekend and they could play and sing any song you requested. I have the best family, and I am so blessed to have them. I sadly took no pictures so I am waiting on them to be uploaded from my cousin's camera:) It was a blast!

Saturday we spent the day at Erik's parents and then headed to Tommy and Andrea's that evening for a cookout with friends. Mialyn napped most of the time because she was wore out from playing all day! It was so nice to spend time with our best friends and just relax for the evening! After the cookout we headed to my mom and dad's for the night! Mialyn had a blast playing outside with anything she could find, riding around in her Barbie convertible and spending time with Nana and Papaw:)




Sunday morning came early and we all got ready for my Grandma's side's family reunion! Lots of food, family, and fun! (And my daughter running around like crazy!)




After the reunion we spent the rest of the day at my Grandma's house spending time with our HUGE family, and enjoying each other's company. We threw in a Graduation party for my cousins Ronnie and Danny who graduate this coming Friday from high school! (I feel like I JUST graduated as well!) It's crazy how time flies!!!! Mialyn had a blast playing in the creek, riding four wheelers, and playing with all her little cousins:)











(My Aunt Vicki kept Mialyn entertained for a while! Ha!)

Sunday was the Bloomfield family reunion and we invited Tommy, Andrea, and Gage to come to our huge cookout since they are definitely part of our family:) Gage and Mialyn both had so much fun playing in the creek AGAIN, riding the four wheelers, and we all loved spending quality time together!









(True Hillbilly Style!)

Sunday evening we headed over to spend some time with Erik's parents! They surprised Mialyn with a new Mini four wheeler PERFECT for her size:) She is so close to the pedals and can reach them when she leans to one side! She called it "Mymy's Nun-Nun!" She loves spending time with her Mamaw and Papaw:) She had lots of pool time, riding time, and fun in the sun!





Monday night we got home and Mialyn was exhausted! She fell right to sleep! Around 330 am she woke up with a TERRIBLE fever! She was soooo hot! I was terrified! I gave her come medicine and stayed by her side all night to make sure she didn't need to go to the hospital. She continued to carry a fever but she drank plenty of liquids during the day Tuesday and I made sure she just relaxed and took some cool baths to keep her temp down. We watched Tangled, and Princess Kai-Lan and had lots of cuddle time! Her fever finally broke Tuesday night but she just WAS NOT herself at all yesterday. It usually takes me a whole day to recuperate as well so we just took it easy and let her lay around on us and spent time holding her. She missed school all week, and she definitely missed her friends!

Today Mialyn woke up feeling MUCH better and wanted to play outside ALL day!!! Annie brought Gage over, and my other friend brought her two girls and newborn baby girl (Yes she gives me baby fever) over, and the little neighbor girl Joyce came to play as well! We spent a good 5 hours letting them run around in the splash island, play in the little pool, and water table. Mialyn had a blast and wore herself out! Tonight we had dinner at O'Charley's with Annie, Tommy, and Gage, and then came home to call it a night! I cannot believe it is almost the weekend again! THIS WEEK FLEW BY! I am so happy though because that means Daddy is here with us for the next THREE days:) WOO HOO!




















Tomorrow we are running errands, and then Saturday we are headed over to Carter Caves State Resort Park for a fun day with some great friends! I can't wait to spend more days OUTDOORS:) I am LOVING it! Have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These are the best pictures! It looks like you are really having a blast during you first few days of Summer! Mialyn is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany!
    This last pic (holding hands) is priceless!! Just adorable...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.