Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend Recap!

Hey everyone! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Father's Day! I know that I am so lucky to have a dad who has always been there when I needed him, and always supported me. Growing up I was Daddy's little girl and I always will be. Now my dad is a grandpa to Mialyn and it is such a blessing knowing that she has such a good hardworking role model to look up to. My dad would do anything for anyone, and give his last penny to make sure someone was okay. He is a wonderful DAD and an AMAZING Papaw:) Erik, Mialyn, and I are also very lucky to have Erik's Dad! He is a great Dad, and an awesome Papaw for Mialyn. Both Grandfather's Mialyn has in her life are such a blessing and we wouldn't know what to do without them!!!! As for Mialyn's Daddy, I may be a little biased but I believe he is the BEST Daddy in the whole world. He is out heart and soul, our rock, our reason for everything we have. Mialyn and I love him so much! We are so blessed for such a hard worker who loves us so much. I know I told him a million times yesterday, but Happy Father's Day again babe. You really are amazing, and we are so blessed to have you in our lives!

Friday my friend Pam invited me last minute to a Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum concert! It was a lot of fun but I am so sad to say I didn't even take my camera! (I know. Dumb.) But we were quite a ways back from the stage so I probably wouldn't have got any good ones anyway. It was such a blast though and it was good to have some girl time! Erik worked ALL weekend and I was really upset that I didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked to but I always have to remember to be thankful that he has a good job, and we are very lucky. Some people don't even have a job, so I know we are blessed and I thank God for the many blessings. Earlier Friday morning I took Mialyn to the doctor and her ear infection is FINALLY gone after 2 shots! I am so happy! The Dr. said that her ears looked perfect! I am continuing to pray that it STAYS AWAY! Saturday Mialyn and I spent most of the day in West Virginia shopping, and it was EXTREME. I originally met Erik's mom at Marshall's and then headed to the mall. Sue only stayed at the mall for about 15 minutes and Mialyn and I were alone. Sue had to go back to the Reserve Center to pick up Bub from drill, so we were on our own. I don't mean to complain, I know I have a healthy, happy, beautiful baby girl but she threw some temper tantrums! I felt like NOTHING seemed to please her. I rented her a car to drive around the mall and everything, which lasted about 5 minutes, and she was outta there. I got her something to eat, I held her, I tried letting her walk and nothing was working. It was a short trip needless to say and we headed outta there! When I got her to the car I gave her a diaper change and while she was laying down she was opening her mouth and I noticed ONE TOP BACK TOOTH has already POPPED THROUGH. Not to mention she has 4 more back teeth coming in all at the same time and they are about half way through. I knew right then that my baby girl was not the rotten kid that all the people giving me dirty looks thought she was (even though I knew she wasn't), but she was in pain! I figured she would take a nap on the way home considering it took us like an hour and a half to get home but she was awake the whole ride! Not too long after we got home Erik got home and we spent some family time together. Sunday we woke up and got ready and went out to my Parent's and then rode with them to my grandparent's house. We spent the day out there eating, riding the four wheeler, playing, and talking. Mialyn was playing outside with my brother and all of a sudden I heard her screaming! Mialyn got stung on the back three different times and no one seen it coming. Accidents happen I know, but I kicked into protective mode and didn't even want her outside at all. It scared me to death. Mom and Dad assured me she was okay and they didn't swell or anything so I knew she was alright. Those are just the type of things that take you by surprise. Sunday evening Erik, Mialyn, Mom, Dad, my brother, and I all went to Portsmouth for dinner and a trip to Wal-Mart. We had a lot of fun this weekend!!!!! We wish we would have got to see Erik's Dad, but when the Navy calls, you gotta go! (Thank you for serving our country!) We love our Dad's, and grandpa's with ALL OF OUR HEARTS!















Just for fun! This is last year on Father's Day!!!!




4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, sounds like a great Father's Day weekend!

    And oh my gosh, that is the sweetest tattoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee that crab outfit!!

    And I agree with Sam that is the sweetest Tatt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I haven't been on your blog in forever & my she is growing up so fast!
    These are precious pictures. I love the Daddy Daughter picture from last year, so precious.
    Glad to see ya'll had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable blog!!!! You have such a beautiful family! I am a Labor and Delivery nurse and men are always asking me to give them copy of the babies foot prints so they can get it tattooed..i have never been able to see the finished project.....it turns out AWESOME!!!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind a new follower from one blogger to another ;)
    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.