So - Monday I had my wisdom teeth cut out as you know, and as of today I think I have a dry socket or however you spell it. It is horrible, but I believe I only have one. I hope it goes away soon because this medicine makes me so sick but I have to take it or I am in pain.
I don't think I have blogged about it before but Erik and I are members of a Co-ed softball team in Ashland. It's so much fun:) I know it's corny but we even have little team shirt and mine says "Momma" on the back because I always have Mialyn with me at practice and games. I feel horrible that we haven't been to practice this week or a game because my poor teeth have been hurting and Erik is just so stressed out with work. He recently got promoted to General Foreman and I am so proud of him but he absolutely hates his job. I know it must be horrible to wake up every morning at 4:00 and go to a place and work for coutnless hours being completely miserable. It almost makes me want to cry because he does so much for Mialyn and I and really takes care of us. If it weren't for him being such a wonderful fiance and daddy to Mialyn and I, I'd be lost. I just feel like he deseves so much better. He is such a wonderful man, and I thank the Lord above that I am lucky enough to be blessed with such a great person and best friend. I just wish he could find something that makes him happy. I can't wait to graduate school so I can help a little more, and maybe he can take a pay cut and find a different job. I hate when he is so stressed out. I really do. It hurts my feelings because all I want to do is see him smile.
I went to Ashland yesterday to get my books for school this semester and I ended up driving there for no reason because I can't even get them until August 10th. On another bad note - they aren't having the evening nursing program starting in January in Ashland because they couldn't get the funding for it, so now I am on the search for a new school starting next semester and hopefully my credits transfer because I refuse to lose another semester.
Mialyn is doing so perfect. She is so amazing. I love her! She is the best baby in the world. She is laying here beside me kicking her feet and moving her arms and cooing and cackling and just being so darn cute:) She is such an angel and blessing. I don't remember my life without her and I have no problem with that. May 4th 2009 was the best day of my life. My little girl is truly a gist from God and she is growing up way too fast. She gets to start baby food in about another month and I just can't believe it!!!!!! She is sitting up perfectly and so stable. I love her big blue eyes and her cute little button nose just like Erik's:) She is the spitting image of her daddy and little dream come true. She definitely has an attitude but I am pretty sure she gets that from both of us.. lol. She is perfect. Her nana (my mom) really helped us out this week while I was recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery. She is wonderful with her but Mialyn really missed her Papaw too! Erik's parents helped us out a lot too by offering to Mow the yard and keeping Mialyn for the actual surgery. Sue also brought me up some Chicken and Dumplings and they were really good! So I have pretty much lived on those and Potato Soup this week which is okay with me seeing as how they are both two of my favorites! I managed to eat a chicken salad sandwich from Arby's yesterday and I am just wondering if that is why I feel like I have a dry socket lol... Who knows.
Anyway, I don't think we have any plans for the weekend but you never know what will unfold last weekend we just packed up and went to Lexington and stayed so you never know about Erik and I. He is a last minute decision maker. Oh - and everyone pray for my friend Cassie. Her grandpa just passed away this week and she is in Texas. Also pray for my friend Kristen, she is such a sweet person and is just having a hard time right now.
Until next time...
Hey girl!
ReplyDeleteokay so dry sockets are bad bad bad!! I got them on both sides, it was miserable. I had to end up going back to the dr and getting them packed with medicated gauze if it doesn't get better CALL YOUR DR for real..you do not want them getting really bad, trust me!
I miss Mialyn and need to see her, we need a play date!!!!
I hate that about the nrusing program.. we will go up once school starts back and check out shawnee and of course apply to the lpn program at rowan when i get all the info I will let you know!!
Prayers for Cassie and of course for Krit!
Brittany, I am so happy that you have make my gr son a father and a very proud one at that. Not to mention my dau. and her hubby. They are all so proud and happy that sometimes I think they are gonna burst with pride. Erik is a hard worker and they are hard to come by in this world. So many people are out of work, but he is still at it.
ReplyDeleteBless him. He is a very responsible man, and now that he has a family, he is trying hard to provide the better things in life for them.
Be thanful that he isn't a lazy bum, LOLOL.
I am so proud of all of my children, grand children and gr grandchildren. I have truly been blessed by GOD.
P.S. I know how it feels to have a dry socket.
Hope it is better now.
Love Nanny Pat