She is doing so well with potty training! I can't imagine it going any more smoothly than what it has. (I will probably be jinxed forever now!) She is loving using the potty and knows she is not supposed to pee in her panties! Every morning when we wake up the first thing we do is go pee on the potty and then she gets to pick out what kind of panties she wants to wear. This morning we are sporting Wonder Pets:) She has an occasional accident and we haven't quite mastered #2 yet but we are gradually working toward it and I am so proud of her!!!!! Every time she puts on a new pair of panties she smiles and says "..and don't pee on ________! (Wonder pets, Dora, Kai-Lan etc..) She is really doing so well and I am so proud of her!
Right now we have an in ground pool at the home we are renting and EVERY day we spend hours outside enjoying it. Mialyn has done so well with the water. Before leaving Kentucky she was still a little scared of the water and always wanted someone holding her. She will swim all alone now with her floaty on of course, and say things like "Okay Daddy, I swim to Mommy now" or "I am swimming to the step now Mommy.." We are so proud her! She will spin in her circles and she loves for us to lift her in the air. She says "Wook! I am a cheerweeder!" I love it!!!! I just could just eat her up!
I feel like these days with her are going by so fast and I am trying to slow them down and I just can't. I find myself laying in bed with her when it is nap time and meaning to get up and get house work done but can't leave her. I spend an hour looking at her before falling asleep myself. I just love to spend every moment with her I can. She really is my best friend. It's hard to believe we can go out to eat or to the mall or wal-mart or anywhere for that matter and I can actually carry on a conversation with her and it be so pleasant when it's the two of us. I still feel like I should be holding my baby in my arms breast feeding lol I do miss those days so much and would love to start all over again and remember everything so much more vividly. It's the little things you have the hardest time remembering like facial expressions, all the new FIRSTS that come along with being a baby that whenever they become "big kids" you tend to forget. I know I say this EVERY stage we go through but this has been my FAVORITE AGE. lol:) You will probably hear that from me a lot. I just feel like being her momma keeps getting better and better. I would love to slow it down, start over and embrace everything she has went through one more time but I truly enjoy being the mom to a wild toddler with a wild and crazy personality and laughing all day long. It's not always a bed of roses and we have our temper tantrums, those NO MOMMY moments, and the I don't want to's.... but she amazes me more and more each and every day and I have no idea where my life would be, who I would be, or who I ever was for that matter before my baby girl came into this world. She has taught me lessons on love, life, God, trusting, understanding, and so much more. She has opened my heart in a way I never thought possible. I am so blessed and thankful to God for giving me this beautiful child and trusting me to be her mom.
Even when I want to pull my hair out and it's been one of those crazy days.. It's still one of the BEST days of my life because I have had one more day to love her.
I will spend the rest of my days thanking God for this beautiful gift, and knowing that I could have never received anything more special. I am so thankful that God trusted me to raise her, and to be her Mommy. I have no idea what God has planned for us in the future... Another baby? Teenage years (ahh!)??? What she will be when she grows up?? All I know is that I am doing the BEST I can to be a great mother to her and her dad and I are showing her daily how much we love and support her and that God is always by your side.
We love you soooo much Miss Mialyn Reese!!!! You will ALWAYS be my BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!!
She is such a pretty little think and growing up so fast at that! AND yay for doing so well with the potty! It feels good to be diaper free doesn't it?! So glad I no longer have to write those on my grocery lists!
ReplyDeleteLooks like she is having such a ball swimming around in the pool too! Enjoy every moment!!
Aww beautiful post! Enjoy every minute...
ReplyDelete