Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend, Pink Tree, and Blanket!

This past weekend was so much fun! We spent A LOT of time with family, and that made it amazing! I love every second we spend with both our sides of the family!!!! Friday I had class all day so Erik's grandmother kept Mialyn and they had a blast from what I was told! Mialyn didn't have a nap ALL day. She was sleeping soundly at 5:00 when I came to pick her up. We had Andrea's wedding shower at 6:30 so she was not a happy camper when she had to get up. She was clinging to me the entire time at the shower, but she started warming up to everyone at the end. Mialyn has been acting "scared" of stranger/people she isn't around very much. I know it's just another phase. (Plus, I secretly like her clinging to her momma! Shh!) Friday evening after the shower Tommy and Annie came up and stayed with us. We finished her bouquets for the wedding and they turned out exactly the way we had pictured! It's going to be a beautiful wedding!

Saturday we spent the day/night with my parents. We went out for dinner and stopped at Wal-Mart. Momma lost all her Christmas things in the flood so we got to pick out all new things for her tree, etc! It's going to be beautiful! Mialyn got away with a new Kai-Lan toy, and some princess slippers. We spent the night at my parents on Saturday night, and then Sunday morning we got up and headed to my Grandma's to spend time with my Dad's side of the family. I am so happy we got to see everyone!






I finally put up Mialyn's Christmas tree in her room. Since we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year I am leaving all my fall decor out until afterward, but I figured I could at least put Mialyn's tree up! It's so sweet:) Here is a picture via my iphone so it isn't too good of quality, but she loves it! She goes up to it and touches the ornaments, and says "pretty" lol. 


And I also wanted to throw in a good "Christmas Gift Idea!" I bought my dad this blanket back in October for his birthday from the Wal-Mart photo center. It took around two weeks to come in. I LOVE IT. I am definitely getting Erik's grandmother one with Mialyn's new Christmas photos on it. It's around 40.00 and well worth it. It is a light fleece, and just PERFECT for cuddling!


2 comments:

  1. I love the pink tree in her room. The blanket is such a cute idea! I've never thought of it, and it would make such a unique gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pink tree and so need to get one for Charli B! I love the blanket, that is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.