Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm back, and I never meant to go away!

First off, I missed Mialyn's 19 month post. I can't believe my baby girl is 19 months old! It's so hard to believe that in 5 short months she will be 2! I feel like it was just yesterday that she was born. She is such a little blessing! She has really picked up on her vocabulary and can say ANYTHING you say! If she can't pronounce it right, she definitely tries her hardest! We have been working on shapes a lot in the last two weeks and she knows what a square, circle, oval, triangle, and a star is. She can draw a circle and a square (to the best of her ability, but it looks REALLY good!) She LOVES to color! She will color forever! She weighs around 25-26 pounds and has slimmed down so much. Where did my chunky baby go? She is so petite! She has made the transition from calling us Momma, and Dada to MOMMY and DADDY! It is adorable:) Anytime she wants you to come somewhere with her she will motion you toward her with her hands and say 'mon Mommy, 'mon Daddy! It's so cute:)


We have been working with her on counting to five but she likes to skip three and four! She will count her fingers all day and say 1, 2, 5! lol:) It's so sweet! She is becoming a lot pickier when it comes to food but she is still a pretty good eater! Her favorites are fish sticks, corn, french fries, and green beans! My girl DEFINITELY has a sweet tooth though and she will ask for "uckers" all day! She hates when you tell her no! She has really gotten a grasp on what 'no' means and if she doesn't want to do something you want her to do she will tell you no. I know it's bad, but we secretly laugh at her while we try to say "yes baby, you have to." lol:) She is a character and she is growing up so fast!!! 


She wears a size 4 diaper still, and she wear some 12-18 and some 18-24 depending on what it is. She can also wear 2T in some shirts. She is getting so big way too quickly! I love this age though! She will give the biggest bear hugs and make you feel like you are the best:) I love getting lovins from her! She is soooo sweet! She knows where her ears, belly, belly button, feet, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, and toes are. She LOVES her toes! She points to everyone's toes and says "TOES TOES!" 


She really loves her Mamaw, Papaw, Nana, Papaw, and Uncle Bubba! She is surrounded by such a great family! We are so blessed to have the parents we do. We couldn't ask for anything more!



We had Erik's mom's side of the family's Christmas dinner last weekend at one of the community centers and boy oh boy was she shy with Santa! She would hide her little head on my chest. It was so funny. She is a very shy little girl and she won't go to just anyone. I am so glad! But it takes her so long to warm up to people...


...Which brings me to "School." We got up Monday morning very early, got dressed really cute...

(Picture via iphone.)


...got to the daycare, and it was a MESS. It wasn't my DAUGHTER screaming and acting a fool it was THE TEACHERS. I couldn't believe it. The kids were not taken care of, they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off... they weren't being watched, they were sharing pacifiers, falling, hitting, getting hurt and the teachers were sitting in the corner not budging. This little boy's nose was running horribly and for the entire two hours I was there with Mialyn they didn't wipe his nose. NOT ONCE. We left, and I quickly decided I would NEVER go back there. I would quit school before I would ever leave my daughter somewhere where I know she isn't being taken care of. I love her way too much for that. I was amazed that even with me there the teachers acted like that. It just made me wonder what happens whenever a parent is not there. That day care is ranked really high to, so I just got so confused. I called my mother in law and was almost in tears. I didn't understand? Was this just the "day care" setting... if so, I was not okay with putting her in day care. Whenever I got home and calmed down a little, I called another place and talked to the lady in charge and told her my experience and how it was complete chaos. She ensured me that she had teachers with degrees who had been there for 16 years. The kids have a curriculum, and they work with them on ABC's, arts and crafts, days of the week, months of the year, music, and more! She said they take them on walks when weather permits, and they are right beside the Paramount Theatre and when Mialyn got a little bigger they would take them on little field trips there. It all sounded sooo wonderful so I made an appointment for TODAY to take her down there and check everything out. Well... we woke up to four inches of snow and it is STILL snowing so of course, they were closed today. I am excited/nervous to see what this "school" hold for us. I am so picky, but I have every right to be... She is *MY* daughter, and it breaks my heart that some parents probably have no idea what goes on behind closed doors because they just drop their child off and leave. Please just say a little prayer for us!




On a brighter note, WE ARE SO READY for Christmas! We are officially DONE shopping, except for the kids Erik's company always buys for at the battered women's shelter. We got a little four year old girl this year who wants baby dolls, a stroller, and a carrier for them. (Right down my alley.) I love that they do this, and give these kids an opportunity to wake up to gifts under their tree from "Santa." We are going to get her a few outfits and get her all set! I wish I could take care of all the needy kids in the world, but I know we can only do the best we can. I just pray for those families who have experienced such bad situations. 

...AND, something I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO BLOG ABOUT THE ENTIRE TIME I'VE BEEN ABSENT lol... MY BFF GOT MARRIED!!!!!! My baby girl was supposed to be the flower girl but she fell asleep right before the ceremony, so we thought it best to let her stay that way:) lol. It turned out beautiful! I wanted to share some pictures with everyone and let them know that I am so proud of them, that I love them both, and that I thought their wedding was perfect!
















Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lykins! 
I love you so very much!!!

Now, Mialyn and I are going to wait on Daddy to get home a little early and then we are going to make cinnamon ornaments, and decorate Mialyn's first gingerbread house!!!! I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog look:)
    Love all the pictures!
    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lea, I absolutely love the new blog look! Very adorable.
    I am so sorry about the horrible day care experience, I hope the next one is a lot better!
    Miss Mialyn is really growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're back! Gorgeous wedding and super cute babe as always- oh she's a doll. Her pink/zebra tree is every girls dream, ha! You're such a good momma and your love for Mialyn just shines. I love to see it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.