
I have been horribly busy! Last week nursing school kept me busy all week and then came this crazy weekend! To start off the weekend Mialyn and I spent Friday day at home since Daddy had to work an extra day this week, and then that evening Erik found out that there was a Hypnotist at The Funny Bone in Huntington WV which is like a little over an hour from our house. Erik has seen him before and loved it so he really wanted to take me. Erik's parents kept Mialyn and we picked up Ryan and Wendy (My cousin and her husband), and we met our friends Kayla and Jesse at Franky D's:) If you have never ate there I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT:) The crab and mushroom ravioli is to DIE for:) After we ate we headed over to The Funny Bone and it was the craziest/funniest thing I had ever seen! I laughed until I cried NUMEROUS times. I can't believe that stuff actually works! Saturday we stayed over at Erik's parents most of the day and had lunch with him and just played with Mialyn. Sue mentioned that Mialyn was coughing pretty deep the night before and I just assumed she had a cold. After we left we took Mialyn over to my parents to play for a while and by then her cough was getting really really deep and horribly bad. I called the pediatrician's doctor that was on call and they told me there was no need dragging her all the way to the ER that night because there wasn't much they could do for a cold anyway so just keep an eye on her, etc.. So....Mialyn didn't sleep AT ALL Saturday night. We were up and down with her non stop and she just cried and it was HORRIBLE. Sunday morning we got up early and took her to Southern Ohio Medical Center. They treated us like GOLD there. Waited on us hand and foot with hot chocolate, coffee, etc.. and made sure we got everything we need. We were in and out of there in NO time and it was probably the BEST ER experience I have ever had (well, not the circumstances, but the service). They diagnosed Mialyn with "The Croup." HORRIBLE thing. They suggested we buy a humidifier so we went to Wal Mart as soon as we left and got one but it didn't seem to help much. Other than that they said there wasn't anything they could do except if it got worse they could give her steroids. Mialyn ended up sleeping better last night but this morning I as soon as I woke up I called her pediatrician and they told me to bring her in. Jerry (her doctor) listened to her and decided she needed the steroids. Mom and I went and picked them up, stopped for some food, and came home. She is sleeping right now but her poor cough just sounds so rough. I know it's hurting her bad. Jerry told us her tonsils, and voice box were swollen so it was probably painful but these steroids should take care of it in a few days. I am so glad she finally got some medicine and we can start getting over this thing! I wouldn't wish this on the devil himself! I hate seeing my baby girl sick:( I will try to stay caught up this week and I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!!! Please keep Mialyn Reese in your prayers!
Aww, poor girl! I hope she gets well soon!!
ReplyDeleteI will definately keep in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteHope she gets well very soon!
Aw, love her heart! I will be praying for sure! Hope that you have a good week at school too!
ReplyDeleteOh your poor precious baby :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry sweetie.
Here's to her getting better and I hope she and you guys are able to sleep soon. Poor Baby-Love.
Aw poor Miss Mialyn. I sure hope she is feeling better. My baby had this too, and It's so hard to see them this way. I'll be praying for you guys. ♥
ReplyDelete