Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy 17 Months Princess/Weekend

Mialyn Reese,

You are 17 months old today! A year ago this month you turned 5 months old and Mamaw and Papaw Silvey took you to the Build a Bear workshop in Gatlinburg and you got to make you own little lamb for your 5 month birthday present:) You helped Daddy stuff your lamb, and we got her little matching pink bows just like you wear in your hair! Her name is Sadie, and you still sleep with her every night! You have three "night nights" (blankies) that you ALWAYS have to have whenever it's bedtime, and you also have Sadie, and you call her "night night" as well:) I still can't believe you are 17 months old! You are soo sweet and so loving!

You are Mommy and Daddy's little angel and every time you smile it brings us more joy than you could ever imagine! You are so amazing:)

You are growing out of so many of your toys! Mommy put your little lion walker/rider away because you are so big but Daddy insisted on getting it back out because he says you still like it! Secretly, I think he just wants you to stay little forever;)

You can point to your belly button, nose, ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, and toes. You can say all those words well! We are still working on Belly button since it is kind of long but whenever you try it is sooo sweet!

You have started to say "Uh Oh!" and grab at your diaper when you pee in your diaper! You have peed in your potty and you were so proud, and so were we! This morning Mommy sat you on your potty but you didn't want to pee in it so you got up and while Mommy was running your bath water you peed in the bathroom floor! Mommy said "Oh no Mialyn" and you said "Uh oh" and pointed and then ran away like you were ashamed. Mommy ran and snatched you up and told you it was okay and you gave me kisses and then hopped in the bath tub! During your bath came another surprise! You pooped in the bath tub! So we have already started the "accident" process lol:) But it's still going fine, and it was definitely funny:)

You are still wearing a size 4 diaper, and are in mostly 18 month clothing, but you CAN wear 24 month in some tops/pants and some of your t-shirts are a 2T! You are growing a lot! You are around 24 pounds, and getting so tall!

You love to play in your closet and drag out anything and everything:) You LOVE putting on/taking off your socks and shoes and will do it over and over and over. YOU LOVE SHOES!

You are saying so many words! You can repeat almost ANYTHING we ask you to say and it's so sweet! Every time Mommy comes home from school you run and wrap your arms around me like you haven't seen me in ages:) I love it! I miss you every second I am away from you! Daddy does too! We would be with you EVERY second of the day if we could!

Your grandparents on BOTH sides spoil you rotten! You are always getting new toys and clothes and anything you act like you want. I put all the blame on them:) haha! No really, you are spoiled by EVERY ONE OF US and we wouldn't have it any other way:) Whenever you get a new brother or sister one day I have no idea what we are going to do. I bet all of us will go poor;)

You LOVE Dora! Dora is your favorite, along with Elmo! You LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH! You go around pointing and you call Dora "Duh Duh" I guess from the duh duh duh duh duh Dora part in the song:) it's really cute! You say ELMO plain as day! We just got you the Elmo "potty time" and you've probably watched in 20 times in the last 4 days. You love it!

You are and always will be our little angel:) I can't believe you are getting so big!!!! Happy 17 months Mialyn!!


This past Friday My momma came up and we went shopping and had a great time! Mialyn walked away with her new Dora play mat, a new Dora back pack with a dora blankie inside for traveling to her grandparent's house, and tons of new clothes! She finally has enough fall clothing to wear for a while thank goodness. It just turned cold on us all of a sudden and I still had all of her summer clothes out and it took Erik and I SOOOOO long to get them out, and fall clothes up. She had more WAY too many clothes for summer. As much as I love clothes and I wouldn't think you could ever have "enough"... trust me, she did. It was a little ridiculous. But those are moved out, and new ones are in, and we are lucky enough that a fellow teacher my mom and Erik's momma works with has a little girl that is EXACTLY a year behind Mialyn so the season match up perfectly and she sells them tons of brand name nearly new clothes. It's been great!

Saturday the girls I graduated high school with wanted me to meet them in Cincinnati for a little reunion. We had all been planning on it for over a month but I hate to leave Mialyn and wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I knew I would have a blast, and I knew Mialyn would have fun too being at her Nana and Papaw's, so I took her over there and I made the trip. I had a lot of fun, and we had tons of good laughs:) We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, did some shopping, and went and listened to some live music at a place called "The Down Under." My friend Hannah's brother and one of his good friends Zach have a band and they are so good. It was tons of fun! I definitely missed my husband and daughter more than words could say! It's rare Erik and I ever do anything apart so it was good for us. He enjoyed some guy time as well. I was so happy to get back to the both of them:)




Today Mialyn and I are relaxing. We ran some errands earlier and made a little trip to Wal-Mart. She is napping, and I am making some homemade vegetable soup! It is so chilly out and I thought it would be sooo good for Erik since he has been outside at work all day! This week is my fall break, and I plan on enjoying it with Mialyn Reese! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.